C. deShea Richardson was born and raised in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. She attended Louisiana State University where she was a member of Delta Delta Delta sorority and Order of Omega fraternity. In 1996, deShea graduated from LSU with a Bachelor of Science degree in Economics. After graduation, she attended the Paul M. Hebert School of Law at Louisiana State University, where she obtained her juris doctorate degree in 1999.
deShea began her legal career in her native city of Baton Rouge. In 2009, she joined The Law Offices of Paul E. Harrison after developing a diversified practice that included both transactional and civil litigation work. deShea became a partner and the firm was renamed Harrison& Richardson in 2012.
deShea practices in general litigation with an emphasis on workers’ compensation, toxic tort, insurance defense for both national and local clients, collection claims, and wills and estate planning. In providing services to her clients, deShea focuses on efficiently achieving the client’s objectives by formulating and pursuing a comprehensive strategy tailored to meet each client’s individual needs.
deShea is admitted to practice before all Louisiana state and federal courts and the United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals. She is a member of the Covington Bar Association, the Louisiana State Bar Association, and the Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel. She also serves as a member of Leadership St. Tammany Board of Trustees, Beau Chene HOA Board of Directors, and Covington Food Bank Young Leadership Council.
deShea currently resides in Mandeville, Louisiana with her husband and three children.
- Richardson v. North Oaks Hospital, 91 So.3d 361, 2011-1258 (La.App. 1 Cir. 2/13/12) (worker’s compensation case)
- Richard v. Supreme Sugar Co., Inc., 71 So.3d 338, 2010-1835 (La.App. 1 Cir. 6/2/11) (worker’s compensation case)
- Cate Street Investments v. American Cent. Ins. Co., 897 So.2d 13, 2003-2460 (La.App. 1 Cir. 6/25/04) (insurance coverage)
- Fowler v. Fowler, 861 So.2d 181, 2003-0590 (La. 12/12/03) (family law)
- Palace Properties, LLC v. City of Hammond, 859 So.2d 15, 2002-1263 (La.App. 1 Cir. 6/27/03) (property/real estate)
- Sizeler Hammond Square, Ltd. Partnership v. Gulf States Theatres, Inc., 836 So.2d 256, 02-759 (La.App. 5 cir. 12/11/02) (property/real estate)